Senior Accountant-Plant Production
Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
- Oversees plant production general ledger accounting, including review, identification and correction of any significant or unusual postings. Communicates with finance and operations personnel to diagnose any issues to ensure proper application in the future. Maintains close calendars and checklists to ensure all plant production accounting close functions are completed accurately and on-time.
- Reviews and approves manual general ledger entries prepared by accounting staff in the ERP system.
- Prepares cost accounting analysis and maintains standard costing profiles for plant production inventory.
- Collaborates with financial reporting analysts in the preparation of monthly reporting packages via business reporting software tool. Ensures that that information is timely, accurate and relevant.
- Researches, analyzes and prepares variance, trend and operational analysis.
- Utilizes reconciliation software to review and approve key balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the key account reconciliation process.
- Communicates with plant production and purchasing personnel to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchasing activities.
- Identifies opportunities to further utilize, leverage and automate processes via ERP system.
- Collaborates with external financial reporting in the preparation of SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Section 16, etc.). Actively communicates with finance, in-house counsel, operations management and executive team to ensure SEC filing information relative to plant production operations is accurate, in compliance with all regulations, and prepared well in advance of relevant deadlines. Supports the external financial reporting team to ensure that all comments from outside parties (auditors, securities counsel, consultants, etc.) are addressed accordingly.
- Prepare technical accounting memos
- Provide support for SEC reporting process as needed.
- Together with external reporting, serves as liaison with internal and external audit teams, while ensuring that all internal controls are being performed and documented on a timely basis.
- Coordinates with relevant process owners to maintain internal control process flows.
- Responsible for research, analysis and preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors the Hi-Crush accounting policy book.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- BS or MS in Accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- 3-5+ years accounting experience,
- Experience with financial reporting
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet all deadlines
- Excellent oral, written (including email), and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel
- Committed to leverage ERP system as opposed to utilizing manual spreadsheets or schedules
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
Preferred skills, training and experience
- CPA certification
- ERP system experience
- SEC reporting experience
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com