Senior Accountant - Plant Production
Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time
Senior Accountant – Plant Production
Come and join our winning team in Houston, TX!
Hi-Crush is recruiting an Senior Accountant – Plant Production to join the staff of its Houston headquarters team.
- Oversees plant production general ledger accounting, including review, identification and correction of any significant or unusual postings. Communicates with finance and operations personnel to diagnose any issues to ensure proper application in the future. Maintains close calendars and checklists to ensure all plant production accounting close functions are completed accurately and on-time.
- Reviews and approves manual general ledger entries prepared by accounting staff in the ERP system.
- Prepares cost accounting analysis and maintains standard costing profiles for plant production inventory.
- Collaborates with external financial reporting in the preparation of SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Section 16, etc.). Actively communicates with finance, in-house counsel, operations management and executive team to ensure SEC filing information relative to plant production operations is accurate, in compliance with all regulations, and prepared well in advance of relevant deadlines. Supports the external financial reporting team to ensure that all comments from outside parties (auditors, securities counsel, consultants, etc.) are addressed accordingly.
- Together with external reporting, serves as liaison with internal and external audit teams, while ensuring that all internal controls are being performed and documented on a timely basis.
- Responsible for research, analysis and preparation of technical accounting memos.
- BS or MS in Accounting.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting.
- 3-5+ years accounting experience.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
Preferred skills, training and experience:
- CPA certification.
- ERP system experience.
- SEC reporting experience.
Hi-Crush offers competitive salaries and incentives and pays 100% of premium costs for employee medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance coverages. We also provide a 401(k) Plan match of 4% and a discounted unit purchase program. Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com.