Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
- Performs and reviews account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records. Communicates with finance and operations personnel to diagnose any issues to ensure proper application in the future
- Performs special projects as assigned by management, including process monitoring and close process improvement initiatives; identify process improvement inefficiencies and suggest potential solutions
- Performs monthly trend analysis/reporting for assigned entities explaining volumetric and dollar variances from a year over year and month over month perspective
- Reviews, approves, and prepares manual general ledger entries.
- Researches, analyzes and prepares variance, trend and operational analysis.
- Utilizes reconciliation software to review and approve key balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the key account reconciliation process.
- Leads the process of recording company-wide benefit/bonus accrual entries and reconciling related accounts, working closely with the HR Department to resolve any issues and understand any changes in the benefit plans
- Identifies opportunities to further utilize, leverage and automate processes via ERP system.
- Prepares cost accounting analysis and maintains standard costing profiles for plant production inventory, freight and logistics when necessary.
- Collaborates with external financial reporting in the preparation of SEC filings
- Prepares technical accounting memos and provides support in implementation of accounting standard process
- Provides support for SEC reporting process as needed.
- Coordinates with relevant process owners to maintain internal control process flows.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors the Hi-Crush accounting policy book.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
- BS or MS in Accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- 5+ years GL accounting experience
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet all deadlines while working independently
- Excellent oral, written (including email), and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel
- Committed to leverage ERP system as opposed to utilizing manual spreadsheets or schedules
Preferred skills, training and experience
- CPA certification
- ERP system experience
- SEC reporting experience
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com