Regional Manager, Production
Plant Operations | Taylor, WI | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
The Regional Manager, located in Wisconsin, reports to the VP Production. This position is responsible for the overall mine planning, plant operations, and production in Wisconsin. This position oversees Wisconsin Plant Managers to ensure that production is aligned with the organization’s overall strategy. The successful candidate is analytical, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
· Oversees plant production (throughput, gradations, reclamation) and overall mining operations (equipment and labor allocation)
· Establishes mining operation strategies to support short and/or long range planning and production goals.
· Works closely with Plant Managers to ensure that projects are implemented in the field and production goals are established and met.
· Promotes and manages continuous process improvement initiatives.
· Works closely with the Safety Manager to foster a safety focused culture
· Formulates budgets for both OPEX and CAPEX for the WI plants, providing fiscal justifications and implements, subsequent to approval
· Operates within the delegation of authority to review and approve purchase orders, operating expenditures, reimbursements, disposal of assets, etc.
· Monitors current plant performance and status, from the mine to rail loadout, and provides regular, frequent updates to management.
· Monitor plant uptime availability and operating efficiencies, identifying and proposing proactive measures for improvement
· Completes special projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
· A minimum of ten (10) years operations management and leadership experience in silica, industrial minerals, aggregate or similar operating environment.
· Progressive leadership experience gained over at least eight (8) years in a processing plant environment preferred.
· BS in Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred; MBA desirable
· Excellent Verbal & Written Communications
· Financial acumen with strong budgeting background
· Experience managing/leading teams
· Experience in SPC analysis and reporting
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events
· Manages five direct report including Plant Managers and Operations Specialist and indirect reports including plant employees and process control staff.
· Committed to continuous process improvement, while maintaining safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient plant operations.
· Skilled in setting up, tracking and documenting results
· Capable of reading and evaluating engineering drawings
· Data entry/database navigation; word processing; spreadsheets; plan/drawing reviews
· Excellent problem solving skills to support change management and root cause analysis
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with and train others
· Knowledge and understanding of MSHA regulations
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Comfortable working in an industrial plant environment; need to be hands-on and frequently active in plant operations.
· Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills,
· Able and willing to travel overnight, up to 50%. This position will require overnight travel from time to time. The duration of these travel assignments could be up to two weeks.
· Work in this position is performed in a plant, processing or rail terminal/trans-loading environment and is subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs.
· Safety Glasses, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots and all other PPE must be worn when working around rail terminal/transload and plant facilities, as required.
· Ability to sit, stand, reach, stoop, and lift items weighing as much as 75 pounds.
· To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.