Prop-Stream Electrician and Automation Technician
PropStream Operations | Odessa, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells
Provides technical support for a safe and efficient operation of sand processing equipment and physical plant in a high production operation. Performs a wide variety of electrical and electronic maintenance and service work on sophisticated electronic equipment, machines, and controls.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Troubleshoot, service and fix the computerized systems and robotic devices that are designed to reduce human interaction, such as robotic assembly devices and computer-controlled systems.
· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with all codes.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous to personnel or equipment.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and process meters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
Must be able to perform Industrial Automation diagnostics, monitoring and installation of electrical systems requiring Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Drives, and Softstarts.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must have the ability to size circuits, bend conduit, and understand the basic fundamentals of single phase and three phase power distribution.
Experience: Three to five (3-5) years of experience of electrical instrumentation set-up, operation, trouble shooting of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills required with some PLC experience. Working knowledge of PLC, HMI, and automated equipment and standard instrumentation types (4-20 ma, 0-5 V, Ethenet, MODBUS)
Licenses: A valid state driver’s license with no active violations within the previous three years.
Valid and current apprentice of journeyman electrician license is strongly preferred. Requires broad knowledge of electronic controls and mechanisms. Must have own hand tools, see attached list. Must be able to communicate effectively, using both written and spoken forms of communication. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and work a rotating on call schedule. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis and be at least 18 years of age.
Work in this position is performed in the field and in the yard, processing or trans-loading environment and subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com