Plant Operations | Whitehall, WI | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
- Responsible for mine planning for multiple sites, develops detailed short-to medium-term as well as, life of mine plans that are designed to ensure safe and efficient operations while maximizing the protection of the environment over the long term.
- Along with the local and regional staff, develop and update short- and long-term mine plans including production and development scheduling to ensure plant feed requirements are always achieved.
- Conducts or collaborates in geological exploration, and reviews maps and drilling logs to determine location, size, accessibility, and estimated value of deposit.
- As part of exploration and due diligence programs, assist the local and regional geologists with geological modelling of deposits and conceptual mine designs in order to estimate and characterize mineable reserves.
- Maintain and update both developed and overall mineable reserve calculations based on geologic model and mine plan.
- Along with the local and regional staff ensure all reserve reporting is completed as scheduled.
- Assists in determining best methods to extract materials, considering factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics, overburden depth, and surrounding strata.
- Develops designs, implements and coordinates planning for mine ramps, ponds, berms and structures.
- Studies mining economics and provides recommendations of different mining methods.
- Assist with the assessment and development of plans to reduce the top Safety and Environmental risks for each site.
- Familiarity with the coordination of selection and blending which helps ensure quality specifications are met as well to maximize material utilization.
- Provide appropriate mine planning and property information necessary for environmental permit applications associated with mine operations.
- Ensure that mine designs are compliant with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Mine Engineering, Geology, or related area.
- Surveying and mapping skills are required.
- Five (5) years of industry related experience.
- Geology and Geological modeling experience a plus
- EIT/PE Certification is a plus.
- Previous MSHA experience preferred
- Experience n Drilling and blasting methods a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and possess an acceptable driving record.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with members of the community, government agencies, media, business and industry;
- Able to analyze and interpret data and make appropriate recommendations based on findings;
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff and external individuals and groups;
- Able to articulate and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (public speaking, listening, report writing, decision making)
- Performs as a self-motivator/self-starter with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical integrity, honesty, and corporate professionalism
- Ability to understand Hi-Crush products and services with a high degree of competency
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.