PropStream Operations | Odessa, TX | Full Time
Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP), a publicly traded industrial sand company, is recruiting qualified candidates for a Maintenance Mechanic, Odessa/Midland area,Texas. Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Gathers technical information to perform the job.
Performs equipment walk around and inspects and adjusts equipment; properly disposes of wastes.
Performs equipment repairs, changes out parts, checks the status of equipment availability with site supervisors, and follows procedures to pick up parts and supplies from the warehouse.
Responsible for all tasks related to predictive and preventative maintenance programs. Tasks include but are not limited to: repair and maintenance of all machinery and equipment such as bucket elevators, conveyors, compressors, and pumps; repair or replacement of control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, as needed.
Performs work order repairs.
Performs light welding and cutting to patch holes in chutes and reduce spillage throughout the system.
Coordinates and plans down time efficiently to maximize uptime of production.
Understands all equipment in depth from electric motors, gearboxes, conveyors, hydraulics, load out chutes, gas and diesel engines, vehicle and machine repairs, with the ability to trouble shoot, analyze, and make quick responsive repairs without guidance.
Able to set up operator welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- Must have own hand tools - list available.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using both written and spoken forms of communication.
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays and work a rotating on call schedule.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis and be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high safety standard for self and others.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others.
Work in this position is performed in remote locations; position subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements:
1. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
2. Frequently lift 50 lbs. or more.
3. Frequently climbs ladders and stairs; must be able to work at elevations of 175 feet.
Work Environment: Exposure to inclement weather conditions as most work will be performed outside.
Personal Protective Equipment: Safety glasses must be worn at all times. Hard hat and steel toed work boots are required and must be worn at all times. Auditory and fall protection applicable when required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com