IT | Blair, WI | Full Time
Desktop Support Field Technician, Wisconsin
Individual will function as the Desktop Support and will be the first level of support to the organization’s internal users of computer applications and hardware including PC’s and servers. In addition, the position is responsible for troubleshooting and configuring PC’s along with providing support to end-users. The selected candidate will also maintain assigned service tickets, databases and assist with IT related projects.
- Answer questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures.
- Maintain a troubleshooting tracking log to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade operating systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
- Install, configure, and upgrade desktop hardware and peripherals to include; network cards, printers, modems, mice, and add-in boards.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment with the willingness to step in as needed.
- Ability to establish priorities for tasks at hand and satisfy demands/needs of the User community.
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Frequent travel to four Wisconsin plants.
- Four year degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum of three years related experience required.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.