Human Resources | Midland, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). This position must possess skills in developing and execute recruiting plans based on company staffing needs in the Permian Basin. This position networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees. Develops and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable.
- Leads and coordinates the recruitment efforts for Permian Basin staffing. Maintains ongoing attentiveness of the current staffing status and drives recruiting initiatives within the Permian Basin.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with management to ensure achievement of staffing goals. Maintains ongoing communication of staffing needs and changes in order to develop and timely adjust specific recruiting plans.
- Develops new strategies and programs to attract active and passive candidates and achieve required staffing levels. Uses traditional and nontraditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates. Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Develops and maintains community networking connections and professional relationships with local college and university placement offices, maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Enlists and directs the efforts of employment agencies and search firms when needed.
- Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Uses HRIS and ATS to initiate and accurately track and maintain job requisitions.
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. Provides initial screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements.
- Advises Managers on interviewing techniques to improve recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reducing turnover.
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, if necessary.
- Conducts reference checks.
- Makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and extends verbal and written contingent job offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity. Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring and statistics. Maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Participate in special HR projects and perform other duties as assigned
Experience/ Skills Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years recruiting experience in the Permian Basin in the energy, oilfield services or logistics sectors
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team.
- Wears required PPE, i.e. Safety glasses, hardhat, auditory, respirator, steel toe boots, etc. at all times when required.
- Bachelor degree in Sales, Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Certification - PREFERRED and license
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- Valid state driver’s license with no serious violations within the previous five years.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com