HR Payroll & Benefits Analyst
Human Resources | Houston, TX | Full Time
Under direct supervision, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator performs a variety of functions within the human resources department.
- Ensures all employee data is updated and maintained in the ADP Payroll and Benefits system including, but not limited to new hires, terminations, federal/state/local withholdings, garnishments, 401k loans, address changes etc.
- Reviews and maintains timekeeping system records and processes changes for new hires, terminations; reviews bi-weekly submissions for missing punches and obtains supervisory approval for all submitted time. Ensures time records are uploaded accurately and timely each payroll process.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll including pay data import, payroll adjustments, manual checks, and benefit deductions.
- Ensures PTO tracking for salaried positions in ADP system is complete and accurate.
- Logs payroll and benefits issues and assists in responding to employee inquiries in a timely manner; trouble-shoots issues and works with vendors and service providers to bring to appropriate resolution.
- Assists in tracking and processing benefit enrollments for new hires and life events.
- Assists in tracking and processing 401(k) deferral and loan changes each pay period and quarterly enrollments for those newly eligible for 401(k) benefits.
- Audits and reconciles enrollments in benefit plans on a bi-weekly basis to ensure new hires and terminations are accurately reflected within the benefits administration system and processes corrections as needed.
- Audits and reconciles insurance and service provider invoices to ensure new enrollments, terminations and changes are accurately reflected and paid each month.
- Reviews carrier connection files and takes appropriate action to correct any issues with benefit enrollments and changes.
- Reports headcount and work hours on a monthly basis to regulatory agency in Wisconsin and quarterly earnings amounts and headcount to regulatory agency in Texas.
- Works with HR team to orient new employees to systems. Conducts bi-weekly payroll and benefits orientation
- Ensures compliance with federal I-9 requirements for all new hires. Conducts I-9 trainings for new managers and administrative assistants as needed.
- Provide reports monthly/quarterly for finance department.
- Assists with annual benefits open enrollment activities and annual compliance notices and distributions.
- Other projects as assigned: administering new hire onboarding and termination process, tracking turnover statistics and preparing reports, administering employee programs.
- Works with HR Generalists to administer disability and FMLA leave policies
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field with 1-2 years of experience or a minimum of 5 years’ related payroll and benefits experience in a corporate human resources function with CPP, CEBS, or CCP designations(s) desirable.
- ADP payroll and systems experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office software products, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail with strong focus on quality.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines in highly organized manner.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of employee data.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com