Human Resources | Kermit, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.Location: Permian Basin
Performs Human Resources duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas at designated company facilities: employee relations, training, employment, performance, engagement, and other HR programs.
- Work directly with the business leaders to ensure critical people processes (onboarding, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc.) are effectively and efficiently completed/documented
- Provide line management with advice and options for improving organizational effectiveness, productivity and working practices in line with the business/people strategy
- Ensure an understanding of the business staffing needs and partner with HR leads in talent and recruitment as appropriate; assist in the implementation of recruiting initiatives within the business
- Partner with the HR functional areas to implement new HR initiatives/programs (e.g., compensation structural changes, HRIS programs and systems training, management training)
- Partner with the talent and recruitment function to provide ongoing strategic coaching to internal customer groups as related to succession planning, career path development and performance management
- Partner with the HR functional areas to actively guide internal customer groups through the annual salary planning and performance management processes
- Work with Safety staff with to assist with workers’ compensation issues, including reasonable accommodation.
- Assists with drug screening in regards to post-accident and reasonable suspicion.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned employee relations matters; conduct/document internal investigations and deliver disciplinary actions as required
- Act as a consultant to management and employees for employment law, Human Rights law and state employment/labor standards issues
- Work with management and HR functional areas, as appropriate, in the event of a company re-organization or re-structure; address management change and help to maintain employee productivity without an adverse impact on regulatory / legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement
- Educate the business regarding HR policies and programs and ensure compliance
- Identify ongoing needs or problems that require research, analysis and resolution in order to meet the changing business requirements
- Work with various stakeholders on new HR policy development
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required
- Participate in visits to work sites outside of assigned areas as directed
- Travel to various company locations in Permian Basin region (Kermit, Pecos, Big Spring) to assist in HR related matters
- Ensure that the termination process is communicated and followed, to include termination documentation and exit interviews
- Ensure retention tracking is complete and accurate & conduct retention analyses as required
- Build strong relationships with all levels of the organization
- Participate in special HR projects and perform other duties as assigned
- 8+ years HR Generalist experience in energy, oilfield services or logistics sectors
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resource management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking about business initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team.
- Willing to travel to plant and terminal work sites within the Permian Basin on a regular basis.
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Human Resources or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
· PHR or SPHR
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com