Freight Rate Analyst
Logistics | Houston, TX | Full Time
The Freight Rate Analyst will be responsible for analyzing existing freight rates and tariff regulations and proposed new increases.
· Negotiate rates in accordance with Company guidelines and standards.
· Confer with Sales, Marketing and Inventory.
· Maintain appropriate records and prepare reports.
· Review and correct invoices as needed.
· Work cross functionally in the organization, monitor requirements and recommend changes.
· Work with Railroads to resolve billing issues and file quarterly reports.
· Work directly with shipping mines to insure quality billing.
· Compile quarterly shipment activity reports to file and track the status of negotiated railroad contracts.
· Track open disputes, create a trend analysis to spot and resolve recurring billing errors via root cause analysis.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
· High school graduate, college degree preferred.
· Experience in railroad transportation, rate negotiations, storage/demurrage tracking.
· Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience with car tracing software, Bourque, Railroads software, Steel Roads, etc.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work.
· Ability to work in a team environment and contribute.
Hi-Crush offers competitive salaries and incentives and pays 100% of premium costs for employee medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance coverages. We also provide a 401(k) Plan match of 4% and a discounted unit purchase program.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com.