Director, Engineering and Process Optimization
Plant Operations | Whitehall, WI | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
- Drive operational efficiencies to improve labor productivity, quality and inventory accuracy.
- Identify and lead projects resulting in process improvement and cost-out opportunities.
- Analyze current plant capability and provide proposals for the capital budget for improvement projects.
- Facilitate the continuous monitoring and reporting of productivity and utilization of labor/equipment.
- Increase the agility of the mines and processing plants to meet varying customer demands, increase yield and minimize plant waste/dumping into the mine
- Problem solve issues limiting the capacity and throughput of the facility from mine through processing and rail/truck loadout.
- Provide Engineering standards and guidance across the Mining, Processing, Shipping , Terminaling and Last Mile components of our entire business
- Propose and trial new methods / processes with the goal of replicating best practices across all applicable operations
- Reduce variation within work tasks to improve process efficiency, quality and inventory accuracy.
- Lead the design and implementation of capital improvement projects as directed. Partner with the construction management team on the build out.
- Manage changes to the facility layout to improve flow and throughput.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field. Masters degree in management, a
technical discipline or related field is preferred.
Experience: 8+ years of mining and processing experience, three (3) of which related to plant automation. Strong pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills required with some PLC experience. Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing techniques. Ability to lead teams in problem solving activities.
Licenses: A valid state driver’s license with no serious violations within the previous five years.
Requires broad knowledge of how to leverage electronic controls, equipment and processes to optimize processing systems. Must be able to communicate effectively, using both written and spoken forms of communication. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis and be at least 18 years of age.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com