Demand Planning Analyst
Logistics | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush Proppants (“Hi-Crush”) is a leading producer of premium monocrystalline sand, a specialized mineral that is used as a proppant (“frac sand”) to enhance the recovery rates of hydrocarbons from oil and natural gas wells. Hi-Crush owns, operates, acquires and develops frac sand reserves and related processing and transportation facilities.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Demand Planning Analyst will support and balance the customer orders and production out of our Kermit, Texas frac sand facility. Working closely with the production personnel at the facility along with our customer service team, sales force and supply chain group, the Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for managing the daily supply & demand balance through proactive forecasting and scheduling.
• Work with internal and external customers to develop & maintain an accurate demand forecast
• Measure and report forecast accuracy
• Lead root-cause analysis into major forecast variances
• Lead initiatives to improve forecast accuracy
• Prepare and disseminate daily report highlighting site & customer performance
• Develop and monitor the rules for “consuming the forecasts” and accepting orders
• Prepare customer reports and other analytics to help our customers improve their trucking efficiencies through the facility
• Monitor and report on significant variances between forecast, actuals, & budgets
• Coordinate & partner with site personnel to streamline and optimize activity through the facility
• Provide input to the development of inventory policies and parameters
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures to facilitate efficient activity through the site
• Together with the finance department, work with customers to ensure billing and other information is processed timely and efficiently.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Supply Chain or other related field
• Technical fluency and enthusiastic about technology and how it can be leveraged to improve financial profitability and improve customer experience.
• Capable of being successful in an emerging industry and business with relevant experience in defining and establishing processes and solutions
• Ability to transform data analytics into action; resulting in a positive impact to Hi-Crush and its customers.
• Proficient with Salesforce.com or other CRM software, ERP systems and the Microsoft suite of products.
• Ability to travel periodically
• Effective communicator, listener, and team player
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com