Safety | Denver, CO | Full Time
Hi-Crush Inc. is a premier provider of proppant and logistics solutions to the North American petroleum industry.
We are in search of a TRANSPORTATION Manager to oversee all field related transportation responsibilities including third party carrier management. This position monitors all Carriers & Business Units fleet and its drivers, educating company employees on federal and state laws, as well as company policy, increasing the overall safety of company vehicles that are being operated, and assisting in maintaining the company’ s operating authority. This position also facilitates all carrier compliance evaluations including MSC and insurance alignment.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Inspects company & carrier CMV and drivers and identifies equipment and drivers in violation of federal and state laws and/or company policy
- Ensures documentation alignment on MCAs, COIs, Co-Brokering agreements, etc.
- Carrier verification on DOT driver requirements as outlined in MCA
- Handles Carrier Onboarding Process including:
- New Carrier paperwork
- DOT compliance
- Subcarrier compliance
- Driver MVR compliance
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure ISN compliance and other client specific safety training
- Manages quarterly carrier audit process
- Collaborates with HR and drug testing TPA (DISA) to maintain a compliant DOT drug testing program
- Advise, coach, support, and challenge carriers, operation managers, and field personnel on TRANSPORTATION implementation and assurance
- Provides best practice advice, guidance, and makes recommendations as necessary in regards to driver qualification and the proper preparation on TRANSPORTATION required paperwork
- Identifies performance patterns in carrier operations that assist PES Operations in understanding the gaps
- Generate incident and violation reports and submit to PES Manager for review; address any recurring patterns and causality
- Lead safety meetings and address DOT related topics with employees & carriers
- Provide training on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports, including remedial and in yard training as required by the DVIR process
- Additional duties as designated
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred; or applicable training in DOT & Fleet Compliance
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years’ hands on experience managing regulated drivers and CMV’s
- Oilfield Services experience preferred
- Personnel management
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Hazard recognition and understanding
- Transportation Insurance basic knowledge
- Inspection of CMVs using the North American Roadside Standard.
- Application of the federal hours of service regulations and appropriate oil-field related exceptions under part 395 of the FMCSRs
- The ability to manage in a matrix organization that focus on TRANSPORTATION issues
- Detailed knowledge of PHMSA and FMCSA regulations under Title 49 of the CFR
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify problems and direct efforts to address these issues using the appropriate resources
- Can comfortably interact with appropriate levels of the organization
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com