Tax | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Mentor and oversee Tax Analyst on monthly, quarterly and annual filing of sales and use tax returns for both domestic and Canada
- Manage, gather, and organize information required for all sales and use tax audits and Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDAs)
- Respond to notices and information requests issued by various taxing authorities
- Responsible for sales and use tax registration applications, qualifications and maintenance of permits 5. Reconcile sales and use tax accruals monthly
- Collaborate and provide ongoing training on sales and use tax set-up and implications to internal stakeholders while implementing system/process improvements
- Work with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit and IT to ensure proper tax set up during customer onboarding and supplier set up
- Review, determine and train internal stakeholders on purchases to ensure appropriate taxability decision
- Review, validate, and maintain customer exemption certificates
- Research and provide sales tax analysis for project proposals, and contracts
- Compile necessary work papers to support tax audits and VDAs
- Mentor and train tax analyst in determining proper taxability of customers and vendor transactions
- Work closely with internal stakeholders during acquisitions to ensure all sales and use tax issues are addressed.
- Proactively drive remediation strategies and close audits with minimal liability
- Manage and respond to all sales and use tax inquires received (Tax Inbox)
- Work with Treasury and A/R to assist with collections of sales tax related invoices
- Assist with annual data gathering related to property tax renditions
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 Years’ indirect (sales and use; property; VAT) tax related experience
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with ability to engage in, prioritize, multitask and take initiative in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Systems aptitude and process orientation; strong computer skills essential, including extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of and experience with ERP system. 4. Ability to execute and follow-through to completion including documentation
- Ability to adapt effectively to new and changing environment
- Ability to work long hours during critical periods, such as quarter/year end reporting or special projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization including both written and oral required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Experience with the implementation and use of an automated sales tax solution including certificate management is preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
- CPA preferred
- CMI – Sales and Use Tax preferred
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com