Plant Operators-Wyeville, WI
Plant Operations | Tomah, WI | Full Time
Essential Functions Statement(s)
•Performing general labor such as plant clean-up and housekeeping.
• Following direction and completing tasks in a timely manner with close supervision.
•Tasks include, but are not limited to cleaning under tail pulleys and high build up areas, ensuring belts are tracking properly, ensuring polymer batching system is filled with dry polymer and liquid polymer is at adequate level, and any other task assigned by lead or wet plant manager.
• Ability to train on plant control systems.
• Communicating with shift leads and wet plant manager as to any process malfunctions or irregularities.
• Ability to train in Quality Assurance program and test processes as required by the QA program and procedures.
• Participating in learning requirements for plant maintenance and key areas to inspect regularly for high wear and problematic potentials.
•Ability to train on and be fully capable of operating skid steers, tele handlers and man lifts.
• Assisting maintenance technicians in performing routine maintenance and repairs such as greasing, changing rollers, bearings, and belt splices.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Diploma or GED required.
Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics. Must be able to read, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
Entry level: one (1) – two (2) years general experience performing manual labor tasks such as lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading trucks, digging and filling holes, light mechanical, and light equipment.
Basic computer skills required.
Valid state driver’s license with no serious violations within the previous five years.
Must be able to communicate effectively, using both written and spoken forms of communication. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis and be at least 18 years of age. Must have high safety standard for self and others. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others.
Work in this position is performed in a plant, processing or transloading environment and subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
Plant work locations vary in Western WI from Tomah, Augusta, Blair & Whitehall requiring travel at times.
Position requires carrying, pushing, and pulling 75 pounds of weight from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
1. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
2. Frequently lift 75 lbs. or more.
3. Frequently climbs ladders and stairs.
Work performed in a plant environment. Exposure to inclement weather as most work will be performed outside. Must be comfortable working at heights.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses, hard hat and steel toe boots must be worn at all times.
Auditory, respirator and fall protection applicable when required.