Operations | Big Spring, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White
frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Reporting to the Foreman, responsible for the operations of the mobile processing operations to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Monitors and controls plant operating systems. Makes adjustments based on production objectives and QA lab results.
- Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA program and procedures.
- Understands and interprets QA results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Communicates directly with the foreman to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues
- Proficient in cross-function operations, including Wet Plant, Dry Plant and Loadout Operations
- Comfortable working outside in the elements; need to be hands-on and active in the operation of the plant.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in silica, aggregate or similar facility required.
- Lead or Supervisory Experience or demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Strong mechanical knowledge preferred in plant maintenance and rolling stock; prior experience operating front end loader, scraper, and bull dozer and other support equipment preferred.
- Work in this position is performed in a plant, processing or trans loading environment and subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
- Safety glasses, hard hat and steel toe boots must be worn at all times.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushinc.com