Operations | Big Spring, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White
frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
The Foreman will be responsible for the operations of an OnCore Mobile Processing unit.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepares and plans operational and production schedules and coordinates frac sand mining activities with the operations team to ensure 24/7 production and quality of products meet plans and specifications.
- Directs the activities of the 20+ hourly and staff positions on the operations team to insure effective short and long-term plant operations.
- Maintains and optimizes metrics relevant to safety, efficiency, quality, costs and other relevant aspects of plant operations.
- Analyzes personnel team and selects the best method to meet production goals.
- Ensures safety and environmental practices are maintained and all regulatory requirements are met and exceeded.
- Monitors costs and quality standards, and establishes and maintains standards.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Prepares regular operational reports that detail variances from plan or budget.
- Insures compliance with production reporting and inventory procedures for the operation.
- Reviews operations and financial performance against annual operating targets and helps develop future budgets.
- Maintains communications with, Purchasing, Human Resources, Quality, Safety, and Environmental departments.
- Maintains a positive employee and labor relations environment, while properly motivating and documenting workforce performance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and developing employees.
- Prepares performance evaluations of direct reports, providing counseling on methods of improving performance and disciplining employees when necessary, enforcing company systems, policies and procedures.
- Operates front-end loader, scraper, bulldozer and other equipment
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Progressive leadership experience gained over at least eight (8) years in an operating plant environment preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of operations leadership experience in silica, aggregate or similar facility required.
- BS in Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred; Strong mechanical knowledge preferred in plant maintenance and rolling stock; prior experience operating front end loader, scraper, and bull dozer and other support equipment preferred.
- Comfortable working outside in the elements; need to be hands-on and frequently active in the operation of the plant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communications
Work in this position is performed in a plant, processing or trans loading environment and subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushinc.com