Plant Operations | Kermit, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Provides technical support for the safe and efficient operation of sand processing equipment and physical plant in a high production operation. Performs a wide variety of electrical and electronic maintenance and service work on sophisticated electronic equipment, machines, and controls. Develops actions plans and time lines for projects and presents for approval. Provides direct updates to management on progress and project schedules. Trains others in the principals of automation. Confers with 3rd party vendors on projects.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with all codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous to personnel or equipment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and process meters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Create action plans which support objectives and ensure desired results; present plans to management for approval.
- Establish and observe timelines for expedient repairs to reduce downtime.
- Assemble accurate and comprehensive material lists in support of assigned projects.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis surveys, submit and communicate detailed results to management inclusive of a detailed recommended course of action.
- Demonstrate leadership skills daily that provide the other department team members a source of support and solutions.
- Work directly with 3rd party vendors regarding physical and technical aspects of projects. Primary examples include PLC programming, automation support, process control systems, and complex instrumentation.
- Instruct and educate Hi-Crush team members at all levels in the principals of automation and how it is used to attain the objectives as determined by Hi-Crush. Participate as an active member in planning meetings held by the Hi-Crush staff as needed.
- Create and maintain an action log noting, in descriptive text, issues encountered and determined solutions for use in trending and evaluation
Must be able to perform Industrial Automation diagnostics, monitoring and installation of electrical systems requiring Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Drives, and Softstarts.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of plant systems and how they work together including equipment interlocks, fiber network, network switches, if/then logic and HMI interfaces.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must have the ability to size circuits, bend conduit, and understand the basic fundamentals of single phase and three phase power distribution.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician, three (3) of related to installation and maintenance of plant automation. Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with significant PLC experience.
Licenses: A valid state driver’s license with no active violations within the previous three years. Electrical Journeyman license is required and Master’s Electrical license is preferred with a plan for continuing education.
Requires broad knowledge of electronic controls and mechanisms. Must have own hand tools, see attached list. Must be able to communicate effectively, using both written and spoken forms of communication. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and work a rotating on call schedule. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis and be at least 18 years of age. Must have high safety standard for self and others. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others. Frequently Lift/Carry or Push/Pull 75 lbs. Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day.) Safety Glasses, Hardhat, and Steel Toe Boots must be worn at all times. Auditory and fall protection required in certain situations.
Electricians Required Hand Tool List
- 25’ Tape Measure
- Torpedo Level
- Folding Allen Wrench sets Standard (3/16 thru3/8) and Metric (4 thru 10)
- 3/8 Drive Socket Allens (3/8 thru 3/4)
- 3/8 Drive Socket Set 3/16 thru 1 1/4"
- Wrench Set 1/4” thru 1 1/4"
- 200’ Fish Tape
- 2 Hammers (one ballpien and one 4lb mall)
- 24” Prybar
- Small Punch and Chisel Set
- Screwdriver Set (Flat and Phillips)
- Precision Screwdriver Set for Control Terminals
- 6” Cresent Wrench
- 10” Cresent Wrench
- Wire Strippers
- 10" Channel Lock Pliers
- 6" Channel Lock Pliers
- Pair of Lineman Pliers
- Pair of Diagonal Cutters (Dykes)
- Pair of Needle Nose Plyers
- Magnetic Nut Setters for Drill (1/4, 5/16, 3/8)
- Razor Knife
- Clamp On Multi Meter (rated at 600V or greater and able to measure 1000A, Ohms, Volts AC/DC)
- 1/2" Cordless Drill Kit
- Sawzall Kit
- Tool belt and Tool Tote
- 1 1/8” Unibit (replacements provided when old one is turned in)
Work in this position is performed in a plant, processing or transloading environment and subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity. “
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrush.com