Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Secretary
Legal | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Secretary will be responsible for Compliance and Corporate Governance activities for the organization, including advising on legal issues related to the SEC and NYSE for a publicly-traded C-Corporation, assisting with due diligence for M&A activity, reviewing and negotiating supplier and customer contracts, and supporting the overall legal efforts for the organization.
- Assist in protecting the organization's legal interest and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law
- Support and collaborate with commercial, executive and other cross-functional teams to provide strategic business oriented legal advice
- Support the negotiation and documentation of M&A, strategic transactions and partnerships
- Prepare, review, negotiate, and manage a variety of contracts and transactional agreements, including commercial agreements, vendor agreements, licensing agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, transportation agreements, confidentiality agreements, supply or distribution agreements, and leases.
- Identify and communicate issues and risks for agreements and collaborate and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Manage reporting and compliance under the Federal securities laws and NYSE; Prepare and review all SEC filings, including current and periodic reports, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings
- Coordinate and manage outside counsel
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legal principles, practices and trends
- Ensure quality and timeliness of legal advice
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes to promote efficiency
- Undertake Special projects as required to support new business initiatives
- Attend board and committee meetings and record meeting minutes
- Develop, review, revise, and maintain corporate policies and charters
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- JD degree from an accredited law school
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ Years of legal experience in a law firm or in-house counsel
- Experience in federal securities laws and NYSE regulations
- Experience with contracts review and negotiation
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects independently.
- Possess strong, independent work ethic.
- Strong analytical, written, and oral skills.
- Ability to ensure and maintain strict confidentiality and loyalty
- Initiative to work independently to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple, concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Adapts to changing priorities and welcomes new challenges and opportunities.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Any State Bar Association; TX preferred
- This position must maintain regular office hours, set by the supervisor and company policy
- Some nights and weekends are required
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushinc.com