Mobile (iOS/Android) Software Engineer
Software Engineering | San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
We need an experienced mobile software engineer, with the interest and skills to step into a hands-on coding position.
- Heyzap is the largest mobile gaming community on Android and iPhone, helping millions of people discover mobile games and connect with friends or fellow gamers.
- Located in the heart of San Francisco, we are funded by top tier investors (Y Combinator and Union Square Ventures) and we have a super fast growing user base.
- In just 6 months, millions of users have downloaded our app and we are growing by over 50% every month.
- Heyzap powers millions of game discoveries every month for our users, with over hundreds of thousands of check-ins per day.
- Heyzap connects millions of game players together every month.
- We are a small, agile team and release code to production continuously. We use kick-ass modern technologies like node.js, MongoDB and Redis, or whatever the appropriate tool is to help us get shit done™.
- We work with the biggest game developers in the industry such as Digital Chocolate (Millionaire City), Pocket Gems (Tap Zoo), Zynga and Get Set Games (Megajump).
- Work on iPhone/iPod/Android application architecture and push development using Objective C and Java.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iPhone/iPod/Android applications and features.
- Interact with our Rails app to hit Server Side REST APIs that integrate with the rest of the platform.
- Interact daily with our systems and processes, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Experience with iPhone and/or Android technologies (Objective C, Cocoa, Java, iPhone SDK, Android SDK)
- Expertise with your favorite dynamic programming language: Python, Ruby, etc.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- A great sense of product to understand how users and game developers interact with Heyzap.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to hundreds of thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Generous Stock Options.
- Powerful box and screen setup with comfy aeron chair
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Xbox, Wii, Coke, Juices, Coffee, Tea, Snacks and Foosball.
- Book budget and large existing library
- An exciting and challenging work environment.
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunches (there is such a thing at Heyzap)
- Fun team events
- Unlimited whiteboard access