Public Relations Coordinator
Marketing | Chicago, IL | Full Time
When a customer knows and understands a brand inside out it can help them make informed decisions. Matching their expectations with the service our clients can deliver ensures those customers are kept happy and then stay loyal. At HelloHub, we pride ourselves on understanding our client’s brand, their customers and the marketplace in which they operate.
Our services span many different areas, our main focus however is how the world views your brand. Companies sometimes put too much emphasis on business features such as pricing, internal systems, production timetables and transport logistics. However it is just as important to focus on how the marketplace views your company and your brand. Knowing this will help you make effective changes from within, to improve the exterior of your brand.
As Public Relations Coordinator, you will report to the VP, General Manager and will be responsible for developing and executing strategic media relations and marketing communications using approved messaging and assets required to launch and sustain new brands and products.
This position requires a high level of initiative, people skills, clear communication and follow through, attention to detail and positive attitude. You must be able to think/trouble shoot quickly.
Salary range: $46000 - $56000 per year.
- Create strategic communications for news media, including preparing articles, biographies, press kits, press releases, scripts and other content initiatives as needed.
- Control the quality of messaging in all written materials to ensure best, most updated and approved language is utilized.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Media monitoring and reporting.
- Develop relationships with local, regional, national and trade press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Prepare leadership for media interviews, speaking opportunities.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them promptly.
- Maintain press materials, online sites to ensure they remain updated.
- Write and edit company literature for internal and external purposes.
- Ensure the company protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated and consistent manner.
- Prior experience with P.R. and Social Media
- Flawless written and spoken English
- The ability to write PR’s and distribute them
- Great professional relationships with writers, journalists, bloggers and other influencers
- The ability to secure media coverage for clients
- A profound understanding of online communities as well as content marketing
- Published & placed content on authoritative sites
- Great interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to stay highly organized with great attention to detail
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Passion to build a startup
- A friendly, outgoing disposition
- Reliable transportation if working in-house
- A reliable workstation with a fast computer, microphone and speakers, reliable internet and power if working remotely
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule