Projects | Hybrid in London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Heatherwick Studio is a global team of 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. We are practical inventors with no signature style. Our motivation is to design soulful and interesting places, led by human experience rather than any fixed dogma
We enjoy pushing the boundaries of what is considered possible. We achieve this by placing collaboration, trust, and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. We look for studio members who have the entrepreneurial spirit to make things happen, and who also take delight in sharing their knowledge and experience. We want self-reflective people who are committed to their own growth and who are unafraid to support the growth of others.
We expect all studio members to work together with honesty and integrity, and to have genuine care for each other. The studio is a creative community and it’s important to use that everyone feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status. We encourage all people from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you want any help with your application, please let us know.
To produce high quality architectural visualisations using a variation of styles and techniques to suit the individual project briefs. To maintain and ensure all works are completed to a high and consistent standard and effectively communicate the design as intended by the Project Teams.
Working closely with the Project Leader and teams, lead on timescales and information gathering to ensure that all data is efficiently coordinated and workflow is continuous, allowing deadlines to be met. Planning for review periods and edits, communicating clearly to the Project Teams throughout the process, and presenting work in progress views to help manage expectations on the delivery status and the time to take on comments.
Skills and experience
- Come from a background working in the creative design industry
- Largely exposed to architectural visualisation such as internal and external spaces of various natures and scales.
- Experience working at different design stages, as well as competition and marketing visualisation.
- Have previously co-ordinated with external visualisation studios/freelancers for outsourced production.
- Good working knowledge of 3ds max, Vray or Corona, Enscape, with Photoshop for postproduction.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, After Effects or any other DCC software is a plus.
- The ability to matte paint or hand sketch is also a bonus.
- Strong visual storytelling, with attention to detail,
- Good art fundamentals such as composition, lighting, colour and form.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Push boundaries and trial new ways of production, while embracing the studio’s approach to design.
- Be a critical thinker while having a strategic and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Be engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects
- Resilient and determined.
- Active listening and clear communication.
Training and Continuing Professional Development
The studio aims to attract and develop the best talent and create a supportive environment in which studio members can learn and develop. Training is provided to increase technical skills and to address identified professional development needs.
How to apply:
Applications should include your portfolio and CV. For Portfolios that exceed 10MB, please provide a link under the contact’s section.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their applications.