Talks Producer (12 Month Fixed Term Contract- Maternity Cover)
Communications | London, United Kingdom | Full Time and Contract
Closing date: 28/08/2020
Heatherwick Studio is looking for an experienced Talks Producer to join the Communications Team, reporting directly to the Communications Manager, on a 12 month fixed term basis (Maternity Cover).
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a key thought partner to the Design Director and the Group Leaders in the creation and delivery of inspiring, intellectual content for public speaking and events, supported by a sound understanding of the studio's communications goals.
Expert knowledge of the international speaking circuit is essential.
Eligible candidates must be based in the UK as some onsite work will be required.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Work as thought partner to Group Leaders and Design Director to develop and produce new intellectual content for public speaking and events, identifying new themes and research topics.
- Conceive and develop research-based presentations that promote the studio’s projects, core competencies and communications strategy.
- Creating a new graphic visual language to communicate ideas and information to enhance the studio’s brand.
- Produce compelling visual content (such as diagrams, graphic data, archive material, visualisations, info-graphics, etc.) tailored to audience and speaking style.
- Produce all accompanying marketing and briefing materials.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all key spokespeople.
- Develop speakers’ skills through performance feedback and coaching.
- Providing briefings for speakers based on in-depth research on audiences, related industries, key messaging, risks and event logistics.
- Coordinating with Communications Manager, Business Development Domain, Group Support and Design Director’s Office to maximise business, networking and media opportunities in connection with public speaking.
Management and Logistics
- Start-to-finish control of all presentation and AV content
- Expert management and operation of all studio presentation equipment.
- Very high quality detail focused technical support for all events either through attendance at UK events or through negotiation with international venues.
- Some off site and evening working, delivering technical support for speakers visiting other venues.
- Being first point of contact for all talk enquiries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with organisers of conferences, forums, symposium and other events in order to secure favourable fees, expenses, agenda placement.
- Experience of developing conceptual and visual content in a research based role
- Production of high quality visual presentation material
- Logistical events management
- Degree level educated in related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Expert knowledge of presentation software (Keynote / PowerPoint) and graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Expert in both Mac and PC operating systems
- Fluent professional written English
- Experience of working within a communications team
- Negotiating and building relationships with other organisations on behalf of an employer
- Research-based or journalistic experience
- Experience working in the design or architecture industry
Key skills and attributes
- Ability to rapidly assimilate complex information and distil core narratives.
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability with a creative mindset.
- Positive encouraging attitude.
- Understanding of need for message control.
- Articulate, with an excellent phone manner.
- Dependable, honest and punctual.
- Tenacious with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player contributing to a positive working environment.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Able to juggle different projects whilst maintaining a positive outlook.
The studio will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religion, philosophical belief, political belief, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, marriage and civil partnership or any other factor. It will adopt fair and inclusive practices and seek to eliminate all prejudice, discrimination, bullying and harassment.
How to apply:
Please apply through the link on our job page.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are not always able to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.