Studio Environments Manager
Studio Environments | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Heatherwick Studio is an international design studio of 200 people that brings together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are currently looking for a Studio Facilities Manager (Studio Environments Manager) to work in our studio based in King’s Cross and heads up the management of our multi-site facilities.
You will be leading and managing the studio environments team to ensure the studio environments are comfortable, safe and secure for our staff, while ensuring the care and integrity of the studio's infrastructure.
You will also need to develop and maintain the physical infrastructure of new and existing studio spaces that contribute to creating a memorable and special experience for studio members and visitors.
This is a key role to ensure that the working environment upholds the studio cultural values and providing vibrant facilities that are capable of accommodating the world class design teams to deliver extraordinary projects.
- Building Management
- Manage the studio’s buildings and internal environments from the perspective of; statutory compliance, provision of utilities, insurance, contracts, waste, fire, security, temperature, repairs and improvements.
- Ensure that everything in the studio is cared for and placed, from fixtures and fittings, to furniture, models and equipment.
- Manage and coordinate building repairs and improvements.
- Purchase or commission and care for fixtures and fittings.
- Monitor and evaluate opportunities for additional studio space within the King’s Cross area.
- Lease management of the 5 properties the studio occupies within Kings Cross.
- Contribute to the delivery of new studio spaces (if acquired) to ensure the new environment will fulfil the functional needs of studio members.
- Contractor Management
- Regularly review infrastructure contracts, evaluate performance and monitor the studio’s contracted services.
- Ensure the studio appoints Approved contractors, who can demonstrate competence and can provide appropriate documentation compliant with CDM 2015 regulations.
- Responsibility and overall management for external contracts for cleaning, waste disposal, security - day-to-day management and administration undertaken by Studio Environments Coordinator.
- Capacity Planning / Resource Allocation / Internal Move Planning
- Liaise with New Business and HR t monitor business and people growth, and project changes that will have direct impact on studio capacity and project location.
- Plan and manage weekly internal project team moves, coordinating with the Digital Systems team to ensure physical and digital infrastructure is set up.
- Minimum weekly team meetings t problem solve building improvements and issues, and provide support for the effective management of the studio's ticketing system
- Provide support and guidance for the team when they are liaising with external contractors.
- Provide support to prioritise and structure the team’s work flow to ensure both the bigger picture needs of the studio and detail are equally addressed.
- To act as a member of the Health and Safety Management team, to encourage and improve health and safety awareness and culture throughout the organisation.
- Contribute and help coordinate studio events, supporting the Studio Experience Manager.
Your skills, qualities and experience:
- At least 2 years experience managing facilities accommodating at least 100 employees.
- Extremely familiar with multi site facilities management.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- An ability to think strategically in order to lead and coordinate appropriate responses to the changing needs of the studio, and deliver outcomes on time through persistence and tenacity.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to think analytically and critically in order to solve complex problems creatively.
- Excellent planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring skills.
- Excellent judgement and decision making.
- Ability to negotiate with diplomacy.
- A good-natured personality, with integrity, a concern and sensitivity for the needs of others and the ability to collaborate.
- Ability to manage individuals and teams through clear, supportive communication and development of their skills.
- Ability to listen carefully and write with clarity.
- Studio management and team management experience.
- Knowledge or experience of construction projects and associated CDM client responsibilities - desirable.
- Familiarity with H&S and environmental legislation and policy management.
- Experience in a creative environment where everything is bespoke and completed with care and attention.
Please send your updated CV along with a cover letter stating your salary expectation.