Studio Environments Coordinator
Studio Environments | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are looking for a Studio Facilities Coordinator to join the studio environments team.
This role is to respond to the functional requirements of Heatherwick Studio by providing, and caring for, its studio infrastructure - buildings, internal environments, and facilities- sufficient for the studio to achieve excellence in the way it sustains the realisation of its extraordinary project and wider business goals.
- Support the Studio Manager and coordinate the maintenance and care of the studio’s building infrastructure and environments across multiple sites in Kings Cross, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the provision of utilities and be the key liaison with utility providers.
- Administer, maintain and monitor the studio’s contracted services including waste, fire, security, cleaning and maintenance contracts. Be the key liaison for these services, implementing Permit to Work systems as appropriate.
- Ensure the studio infrastructure, furniture, fixtures and fittings are in excellent condition through visual inspections and reactive problem solving.
- Manage the buildings ticketing system and coordinate work/repairs as necessary.
- Manage the studio’s key and security fob systems. Issue/collect all new staff/leavers keys, report any lost keys.
- Ensure the studio environment is a comfortable and functional space to work in by managing the control the heating/cooling set up.
- Ensure all buildings and maintenance documentation is appropriately recorded through the implementation of an Assets and Maintenance Register.
- Operate as a member of the studio’s Health and Safety Management Team, attending monthly meetings and taking ownership of the studio’s H&S obligations and requirements for the fabric of the buildings. Act as an advocate to maintain and improve the studio’s Health and Safety policies, systems and culture.
Skills and qualities
- An ability to problem solve and prioritise appropriate responses to the changing needs of the studio, and deliver timely outcomes through persistence and tenacity.
- The ability to investigate, think analytically and critically.
- Excellent planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision making and negotiating skills.
- A good-natured personality, with integrity, a concern and sensitivity for the needs of others and the ability cooperate.
- Fantastic communications skills with people of all levels including senior management.
- An ability to listen carefully and write with clarity.
- Excellent IT skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
- Highly proactive and creative in providing solutions
Experience and knowledge
- 2 + years studio/facilities and services management, building processes administration and contractor management experience.
- Good understanding of H&S and Environmental legislation, policies and procedures including; - Fire Safety, COSHH, PUWER, Working at Height, Manual Handling, Waste regulations etc.
- Experience in a creative environment where outcomes are bespoke and approached with consideration and care.
- The capacity to understand and engage with the studio’s work, design processes, values, management and administration systems, and buildings and infrastructure systems.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role.