Resident Project Manager (Singapore)
Project Enabling | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Heatherwick studio is pleased to announce our selection together with KPF by Changi Airport Group as the design leaders of the airport’s new Terminal 5.
As one of the busiest and most awarded international airports in the world, the addition of Terminal 5 at Changi Airport will add capacity of up to 50 million passengers per year initially.
The studio is currently looking for an experienced PM to be based in Singapore to report back to the London studio.
You will join the Changi project from its concept stage all the way through schematic design, detail design and tender. You will be the first team members on the project in Singapore and grow together with the local team.
As a resident project manager, you will be reporting to the project manager in London assisting with the resource and budget management of the project whilst providing an excellent level of professional service to the client and partner organisations. You will act as the first point of contact in front of the local clients representing the studio. You will be liaising between the London team, local clients, design partners and consultants of various disciplines across the globe. Working closely with the project team, you will be the key person to ensure the project is delivered locally as intended while reflecting the live progress to the London team.
- Reporting to the London PM to help establish an overall project programme with the Project Leader, client and external partners
- Overseeing the delivery of the programme locally to ensure the integrity of the design intent
- Liaising with the local clients and design partners and report back to London team
- Support and monitor the delivery of the project in line with brief, contractual framework and resource plan
- Monitor, evaluate, comment upon and promote positive working relationships with partner organisations in the definition and coordination of matters of scope and responsibility to minimise the potential for scope conflict
- Involved in the running of the local team of Heatherwick Studio
Your skills, experience and attributes
- Solid project management and project running experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the creative design process through all work stages
- At least 10 years architectural experience, airport experience highly desirable
- Experience working on large and complex international projects
- Great experience in dealing and managing various stakeholders of large projects
- Engaging with the clients closely and report back to London PM with live feedback and progress
- Experience liaising with teams in different regions across the world
- Design –led background is a great advantage
- Understanding of BIM process will be a bonus
- Great verbal presentation skills
- Engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects
- Empathy for great design
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Organised, resilient and determined
- Active listening and clear communication
To be considered, please apply via the careers page of our website with a CV and examples of your work in A4 (ideally in one PDF document, maximum size 10 MG) and a covering letter stating your salary expectations and reasons why you would like to join us.
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture and urban planning together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible. Today, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.