Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist
People | London, United Kingdom | Full Time | Opened 19 days ago
To lead the recruiting needs of the Studio globally across design and domain. This role will own the full recruitment lifecycle from role initiation through to on-boarding and take a key role in maintaining the alumni approach. You will be proactive and build strong talent pools to ensure that we can meet the resourcing needs of the studio in a time appropriate way. Own and continually improve the candidate experience to ensure we ‘wow’ prospective employees and build their enthusiasm for what we do from our first interaction.
You will take an interest in our employer brand and work with our Communications and the wider People team to ensure our external voice allows us to attract talent directly to reduce our dependence on agencies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Head of People, the role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle to include the following:
- Owning, running and improving the ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Set up the ongoing process and strategy for sourcing creative talent using digital tools via LinkedIn, online adverts/job boards, university job boards and your networks. Use of innovative recruitment techniques in addition to web based advertising
- Research and use market intelligence to develop innovative attraction methods
- Working with the Head of People, People Business Partner and Resourcing Manager, lead the annual budget planning for recruitment activities based on the yearly staffing strategy
- Develop, implement, review and improve competency based interview approaches
- Full recruitment campaign management
Manage all recruitment related processes including:
- Update the recruitment database
- Partner with hiring managers to create job descriptions that bring the role to life for prospective applicants.
- Write and post adverts on relevant platforms
- Guide, advise and manage the hiring team through the entire hiring process
- Source, shortlist and screen candidates for interview
- Active searching and headhunting
- Create and maintain talent pools for key skillsets
- Prepare interview scripts and facilitate interviews
- Attend interviews and evaluate candidates based on their interview and assignment performance whenever necessary
- Organise testing and assessment arrangements with the hiring manager
- Reference checks
- Candidate management throughout the whole hiring process
- Offer negotiation with candidates
- Own the recruitment budget in partnership with the Head of People
- Own and manage the relationship with recruitment agencies
- Research salary bench mark and feed into salary review
Oversee the graduate programme which includes:
- University relationships working closely with Project Enabling
- Establish close partnerships with universities and organisations for potential future candidates
- Part 1 pipeline candidates
- New graduates pipeline candidates
- Keep up to date with industry trends and best practice
- Ensure our recruitment approach is inclusive and fair to all
- Partner with the Head of Learning to develop our alumni approach and lead the continual communication and content sharing
- In-depth knowledge of managing, co-ordinating and delivering the full internal recruitment cycle.
- Understanding the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion and can demonstrate how to optimise recruitment processes to build a diverse company.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of selection methods and direct sourcing techniques.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build rapport across all levels of the business.
- Proven experience of developing external relationship and/or client relationships.
- Proficient in the use of social media and knowledge of job boards/networks for various disciplines.
- Understanding of the skillsets of architects and designers
- Knowledge of architecture industry trends
- A keen interest in architecture and design
- An interest in people and interpersonal intelligence
- A methodical approach to completing tasks and meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivation and tenacity
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and rapidly changing fast paced environment
- Confident and proactive, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communicator