Project Management | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Heatherwick Studio, we create extraordinary projects. We don’t follow the rule book with design and this allows us to do things differently. If you enjoy working in this type of environment, then we have a mid-level project management role for you.
As Deputy Project Manager, you will be working under the guidance of one of the studio's two Senior Project Managers and very closely with project teams to ensure the quality delivery of a variety of projects. You will be supporting Project Managers with facilitating and managing the workflow and programme of high-profile, technically challenging and creative designs. You will also play an important role in supporting teams with the overall resource and budget management of each project whilst providing an excellent level of professional service to the client and partner organisations. This is a rare opportunity for a Deputy Project Manager to grow under the supervision of an experienced team in an exciting and creative environment.
We’re looking for someone who doesn’t need to be told what to do next and likes nothing better than being proactive and thinks outside the box. Complexity is what you love with design and architecture and you know how to make things happen. Building and developing relationships is a key part of who you are. Your collaboration skills, sharing of knowledge, ideas and inclusive behaviour will ensure you succeed in this role.
Skills and experience
- A strong background in architecture, ideally with an architectural degree
- Design-led background; comfortable working in partnership with designers
- Demonstrable understanding of the creative design process through all work stages
- Already working as a PM or exposed to PM responsibilities & tasks
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and project monitoring
- Experience working internationally, especially in Southeast Asia is big plus
- Experience on a variety of complex projects
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams
- BIM process understanding
- Knowledge of MS Project an advantage
- Fluent in Mandarin is advantageous