Project Enabling | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Location: London, King’s Cross
Posting date: 08/01/2018
Closing Date: 11/04/2018
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture and urban planning together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible. Today, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
As Project Manager, you will support/work alongside the Group/Project leader to facilitate and manage the work flow & programme of high profile, technically challenging and creative designs and work as part of a talented team to ensure the quality delivery of large scale architectural projects.
You will be responsible for defining and ensuring the efficient internal management of the project programme and delivery from concept through to construction and potentially post occupation, supporting the Project Lead in overall resource and budget management of the project whilst providing an excellent level of professional service to the client and partner organisations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Establishing an overall project programme with the Project Leader, client and external partners
- Working closely with the new business team on the set-up of new projects including contract administration and fee negotiation
- Overseeing and ensuring project programme deadlines are met; challenge timeframes to safeguard the design periods
- Prepare detailed design programmes appropriate to the work stage to ensure the design team meet contractual milestones
- Responsibility for project programme and internal project budget management
- Support and monitor the delivery of the project in line with brief, contractual framework and resource plan
- Monitor, evaluate, comment upon and promote positive working relationships with partner organisations in the definition and coordination of matters of scope and responsibility to minimise the potential for scope conflict
- Define, prepare and execute a design management strategy, design management plan and plan of work for the project
Skills and experience
- Extensive project management experience – project planning & set-up; contract administration – scoping/fee negotiation, appointment of sub-contractors
- Demonstrable understanding of the creative design process through all work stages
- Extensive architectural experience within a design-led practice
- Experience working on large scale, complex, international projects
- Experience overseeing complex projects & multi-disciplinary teams
- BIM process understanding
Candidates should also be highly motivated, inquisitive and possess an empathy for great design. Calm, resilient and determined in nature, you will be an excellent problem solver with a strategic and critical thinking mind-set.
To be considered, please apply via the careers page of our website with a CV and examples of your work in A4 (ideally in one PDF document, maximum size 10 MG) and a covering letter stating your salary expectations and reasons why you would like to join us.