Communications | London, United Kingdom | Contract
Heatherwick Studio is looking for a talented picture researcher to join its Content & Communications team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
We are seeking someone with a drive for sourcing unusual and thought-provoking imagery for books, print and digital publications.
A proven track record of working creatively with under the radar image sources is essential, along with a thorough understanding of rights and licensing. A passion for visual storytelling is a must.
- Source pictures, illustrations and graphics for the studio’s books, print, digital and video platforms.
- Compile and edit imagery for internal and external use.
- Assist studio stakeholders to find imagery for a series of themed books/journals/magazines around a range of subjects relating to the studio projects and values.
- Maintain responsibility for the picture budget and fee negotiation and managing image rights.
- Three years of experience expected.
- Proven track record of sourcing pictures for a range of non-fiction publications across print and digital platforms.
- Rights knowledge.
Skills and Attributes:
- A keen eye for unusual pictures.
- Knowledge of excellent picture sources outside of the big agencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of licensing and copyright including layered copyright.
- Ability to edit pictures for print and digital platforms.
- Good knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proofing skills for images and repro.
- Ability to upload and publish on content management systems.
- Specific knowledge of sourcing images for design publications.
- Ability to source and edit pictures that will perform well on social media.
- Good relationships with photographers.