Part 3 Designer/Architects
Projects | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Part 3 Designer/Architects
Location: King's Cross, London
Posting Date: 10/04/2018
Closing Date: 30/05/2018
Heatherwick Studio is looking for talented qualified Architects to contribute to the design and development of exciting international projects.
As a key member of the design team, you will be working closely with Group Leader and Project Leader on a daily basis to generate, develop and deliver innovate and original design proposals as well as to ensure the successful delivery to the highest level of creativity and technical quality. As an experienced architect, you will adopt initiative to lead, mentor and manage while nurturing relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Generate ideas and develop the design of the project in partnership with Thomas Heatherwick, the Group Leader, the Project Leader and the team.
- Prepare for and actively participate in design reviews to develop the design of the project. Seek to understand the design project and take ownership of elements of design and review and develop them with the team and Thomas Heatherwick.
- Deliver work as part of a team and as assigned on projects in line with the project brief, budget, contract/framework and resource plan.
- Take responsibility as assigned and assist with the production of feasibility reports, design proposals, detailed workings, drawings, models, specifications, calculations, forecasts, costings, presentations, reports, change orders, applications for planning and building control, tenders and other documents as required.
- Work constructively and pro-actively with the Project Enabling Domain on the design and resourcing of made work, digital design and technical delivery.
- Contribute proactively to wider studio projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with consultants and suppliers and ensure new knowledge/information is fed back to the design team.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships, internally and externally.
- Mentoring junior team member.
Your skills and experience:
- At least 6 years post part II experience.
- Part III or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience in leading a project/package, especially from concept to completion is highly desirable.
- Experience in large-scale complex projects is a great bonus
- Experience in handling complex geometry especially the façade or roof package.
- Solid technical abilities – experience in design team coordination with technical expertise and knowledge of current construction methods.
- Strong drawing/sketching skills – proficiency in design programmes including Rhino, AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, with strong detailing skills.
- Proactive problem solving - able to identify problems as soon as they arise (or before they arise) and develop rapid solutions to address them.
- Good communication skills - well-developed written and verbal communication skills and able to hold effective and engaging discussions and presentations with clients, design partners, consultants and suppliers.
- Collaborative – must be able to work effectively and positively in a team.
- Resilient and determined –with the capacity to overcome difficulties and find solutions.
- Enthusiastic, engaging and inquisitive.
Once you have joined JobScore (our recruitment platform) you will be asked to upload a cover letter & CV and importantly a PDF portfolio. Please note that your attachment limit is 10 MB. Please include your own name when naming your documents.
Otherwise, you can provide a link to an online portfolio PDF (we do not accept format such as website). Applications without a portfolio can't be considered, if you have any trouble uploading please call the studio.
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 200, we are involved in numerous extraordinary projects around the world.