Part 2 Designers/Architects
Projects | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Part 2 Designers
Posting Date: 16/10/2017
Closing Date: 31/01/2018
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible. Today a team of 200, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
We are looking for talented Part 2 Designers/Architects for a number of commercial, residential and cultural projects to work in our London office.
- work as part of a team of architects and designers contributing to both design and delivery of projects
- set work schedules and deliver to schedule
- develop design concepts and establish final briefs
- consider materials and costs according to set budgets
- research materials
- prepare detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design software
- keep up to date with new developments in the design and architecture industry.
- take responsibility as assigned and assist with the production of feasibility reports, design proposals, detailed workings, drawings, models, specifications, presentations, reports, applications for planning and building control, tenders and other documents as required.
Skills and experience
University degree with a Part 2 Architecture qualification (or equivalent)
Proven professional experience in a design or architecture practice as part of a design team, with technical detailing skills and experience delivering drawing packages.
Candidates should be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication, numeration and organisational skills; good spoken and written English is essential.
Candidates must provide a portfolio of work to be assessed for suitability on concept design and drawing skills as well as presentation.
Candidates should have excellent rendering skills with proven experience using, Creative Suite, Rhino and Grasshopper with 3D modelling skills. Knowledge of Revit is not essential but would be highly advantageous.
How to apply
Once you have joined JobScore (our recruitment platform) you will be asked to upload a cover letter & CV and importantly a PDF portfolio. You can do this in one combined PDF document (ideal) or in two documents. Please note that your attachment limit is 5MB so you'll need to flatten or compress your PDF portfolio to meet this size limit. Otherwise, you can provide a link to an online portfolio PDF (but please don't just provide a website link as we are interested in seeing how you design and layout your portfolio, many thanks). Applications without a portfolio can't be considered, if you have any trouble uploading please call the studio.