New Business Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
Business Development and Contracts | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Closing date: 06/09/2020
Heatherwick Studio is looking for an experienced New Business Manager to lead efforts in the Asia Pacific and Middle East region. Reporting directly to the Head of New Business, this role requires an understanding of the region and a strong instinct for prospects that will help to grow the studio’s portfolio of extraordinary projects.
Eligible candidates must either be based in the UK or able to work on a UK time zone with a desire to move to London once the COVID pandemic eases travel and visa restrictions.
The studio invites candidates from Architectural backgrounds with at least 3+ years’ experience in a similar role and 6+ year’s post graduate professional experience within the industry.
- Track, review, research, evaluate and make clear recommendations of new business opportunities.
- Provide internal briefings on potential opportunities to help determine go/no go decisions.
- Prepare presentations that clearly summarise opportunities and new business prospects and updates.
- Nurture external potential new business relationships.
- Translate client material to assist with internal stakeholder understanding.
New Business Strategy
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities within Asia Pacific and Middle East region.
- Confidently host important client and stakeholder meetings and visits.
- Monitor, analyse and report on key markets in the region on an on-going basis.
- Gather industry intelligence and identify potential new business leads.
- Inform and grow the studio’s new business strategy, network and approach in the region.
Submissions and Bid Documents
- Prepare, update and co-ordinate new business submissions and bid documents.
- Write, proofread, edit and translate texts.
- Layout graphic and written content for submissions in accordance with the studio’s graphic identity.
- Prepare and co-ordinate fee forecasts and proposals, through co-ordination with all relevant stakeholders.
This role needs to develop and maintain positive and professional relationship across the whole studio, as well as with external clients and stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6+years post-graduation professional experience with at least 3 of these years within a comparable role
- Demonstrable track record in successfully pursuing opportunities and winning bids
- Architectural design qualification and a keen interest in business, marketing, research, and communication.
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging written and graphic content for bids.
- Clear and effective communication skills; written and verbal.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Driven and confident to pursue opportunities
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Basic understanding of Cantonese is an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, confident and good-natured.
- Self-discipline and confidence in a complex and fast paced work environment.
- Practical problem solver with a proactive and flexible approach.
- Lateral and logical thinker.
- Methodical with meticulous attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and able to take the initiative when required.
The studio will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religion, philosophical belief, political belief, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, marriage and civil partnership or any other factor. It will adopt fair and inclusive practices and seek to eliminate all prejudice, discrimination, bullying and harassment.
How to apply:
Please apply through the link on our job page.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.