Projects | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
This is a rare opportunity to support Thomas Heatherwick in developing and deliver, extraordinary, ecological sound and user- engaging landscape designs as part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team of Designers, Architects and Makers.
To take the lead on exterior designs, including hard and soft-scape for high profile architecture, master planning and landscape projects and where the interaction between plants and architecture is a key component of the scheme.
To support the design teams, providing knowledge and solutions to define, develop and deliver Landscape packages, which are innovative, inventive and in line with the Studio's Design values and sustainability goals.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in horticulture, a strong background and exposure within landscape design and a proven education within landscape architecture.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead, analyse, develop and design landscapes in partnership with Project Leader, Landscape Leader
and package teams across the project.
- Guide, liaise with, coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality landscape design packages in all project stages.
- Work with project teams to support the efficient delivery of landscape designs across studio projects, creating sustainable, innovative and interactive landscape designs.
- Communicate and guide external landscape consultants and contractors to ensure a consistent design based on the studio's design values and quality requirements.
- Research and advice on suitable vegetation for the project located in different biomes and ecosystems across the globe facing, climate change, global warming and rising sea levels.
- Prepare, submit, monitor and promote the landscape design input for planning applications and submissions following agreed client instructions.
- Being able to occasionally work on tasks outside the scope of landscape if required. This is a multidisciplinary Studio environment working on a broad range of project typologies therefore an open mind, respect and flexibility is a key requirement.
Skills and experience
- Higher education degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Professional experience working on international large scale Landscape and or Multidisciplinary projects with focus on Landscape.
- Experience in the preparation of Landscape packages in all Project stages from concept to completion, including hard-scape detailing, planting plans and material specification.
- Being able to work in Rhino 3D, AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to create compelling sketches, photomontages, 3D visualisation and working drawing packages.
- High ability to design, iterate ideas next to technical competency.
- Experience in sustainable Landscape design solutions is beneficial
- Experience on South East Asian Projects is beneficial
- Language skills: Fluent in Mandarin is beneficial
- Experience in planning prioritising and delegation of task