Projects | Hybrid in London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Heatherwick studio is looking for interior-focused Architects (or architectural designers) to join our London team.
With projects around the globe, you will be working on an array of different typologies, ranging from hospitality and residential to retail.
We are a studio of over 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based out of our combined workshop and design studio in central London, we create buildings, spaces, masterplans, objects, and infrastructure. Focusing on large-scale projects in cities all over the world, we prioritise those with the greatest positive social impact. Working as practical inventors with no signature style, our motivation is to design soulful and interesting places that embrace and celebrate the complexities of the real world. The approach driving everything is to lead from a human experience rather than any fixed design dogma.
The studio’s completed projects include a number of internationally celebrated buildings, including the award-winning Zeitz MOCAA in Cape Town, the Learning Hub at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, Coal Drops Yard in London, Little Island in New York, and the UK Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo 2010. The studio is currently working on 30 live projects in ten countries. These include Lantern House, a new residential building for Related in Manhattan, and major new headquarters for Google in Silicon Valley and London (in collaboration with BIG).
We expect all studio members to work together with honesty and integrity, and to have genuine care for each other. The studio is a creative community and it’s important to use that everyone feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status. We encourage all people from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you want any help with your application, please let us know.
ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ROLE:
- Strong visual communication skills and the ability to source relatable imagery to support concepts.
- The confidence to evolve schemes, with the ability to specify, document and develop bespoke finishes.
- The ability to resolve plans and develop interior spaces in 3-dimensional form.
- The desire to push boundaries and the instinct to think outside of the normal parameters of design.
- Curiosity about human interaction with design.
- A genuine interest in sustainable and forward-thinking manufacturing methods and materials.
- The willingness to share ideas and actively participate in group discussions, with a flexible and open attitude towards new and collaborative ways of working.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong initiative as well as responsiveness to direction or instruction.
- A determination and passion for professional development.
- An undergraduate degree in Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- Experience using AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to use Rhino
- Knowledge of Revit is an advantage
- 4+ years of post-graduate experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should include your portfolio and CV. For Portfolios that exceed 10MB, please provide a link under the contacts section.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application.