Financial planning and Analysis Manager
Finance | Hybrid in London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Heatherwick Studio is a team of over 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based at our design studio in Central London, we create buildings, spaces, masterplans, objects and infrastructure. Focusing on large-scale projects in cities all over the world, we prioritise those with the greatest positive social impact.
Working as practical inventors with no signature style, our motivation is to design soulful and interesting places that embrace and celebrate the complexities of the real world. The approach driving everything is to lead from a human experience rather than any fixed design dogma.
The studio’s completed projects include a number of internationally celebrated buildings, including the award-winning Zeitz MOCAA in Cape Town, Learning Hub at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, Coal Drops Yard in London, and the UK Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo 2010, and Little Island in New York.
We expect all studio members to work together with honesty and integrity and genuinely care for each other. The studio is a creative community and it’s important to use that everyone feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status, or disability status. We encourage all people from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you want any help with your application, please let us know.
To ensure the studio is supported in financial decision-making to achieve target profitability through regular, timely, and insightful management reporting and analysis, To work collaboratively with all teams in the studio to ensure that income, expenditure, and cash are at the levels expected through regular budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Management reporting and analysis
- Produce and continually improve monthly management accounts (for the studio, domains, and projects as appropriate) to provide timely, clear, concise, accurate, and insightful financial information to the Studio
- Review project financial analysis produced by the Finance Analyst, ensuring accuracy and continually communicating with project staff, resourcing team, and senior management on the current and forecast financial position of each project
- Lead the annual budget and half-year forecast process for the Studio, working with all budget holders to ensure studio profit and cash targets are achieved
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure the cost-effectiveness of the Studio, providing challenges where required
- Produce and maintain reconciliations of project financials to monthly studio management accounts
- Produce clear, concise, timely, and insightful analysis of Studio financial performance, including overhead rates; compile benchmark data and historic data to assess financial performance
- Manage the data integrity of the Studio’s project management system, to ensure reporting is accurate and readily available for decision making
- Continuously improve the Studio’s project management system processes & reporting, to improve efficiency & effectiveness
- Producing analysis for monthly studio pack to be key stakeholders such a calculation & commentary on the overhead rate to date.
- Quarterly calculation of the Studio’s deferred and accrued income movement by the project.
- Lead the annual Research and Development (“R&D”) tax credit calculation process, including liaising with project teams to identify qualifying R&D projects
- Manage the Finance Assistant & Finance Analyst), including the planning of work to meet deadlines in reasonable timeframes, review of work to ensure accuracy, and staff development and motivation
- Lead the annual architecture survey process and present analysis to key stakeholders
- Support the Head of Finance and Financial Control function as and when required
- Liaise with our external auditors during the year-end audit process to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Presenting financial information to key studio stakeholders such as bi-monthly group leader’s meetings
This role needs to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships across the whole studio, as well as with external clients and stakeholders. The key relationships in this role are:
- Finance team
- Budget holders across the studio
- New business and contracts team
- Resourcing team
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Degree qualified and/or Professional accountancy qualification, e.g., ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Communicating financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Producing insightful financial reporting and analysis
- producing financial information in simple, digestible summaries for senior management
- Experience in helping the organisation achieve financial targets
- Improving systems and controls by automating and streamlining processes
- Experience in finance project management
- Experience with change management, and the ability to introduce positive change
- Ability to deliver accurate, high-quality work to deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably SAGE
- Excellent excel and database skills
- Power BI knowledge - desirable
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and information management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Training and Continuing Professional Development
The studio aims to attract and develop the best talent and create a supportive environment in which studio members can learn and develop. Training is provided to increase technical skills and to address identified professional development needs.
How to apply:
Please fill apply through the link on our job page. Please fill out the job application form carefully and submit your CV. We will consider the job application form as an essential part of the application.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we cannot provide detailed feedback to candidates on their applications. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.