Digital Support Manager
Digital Systems | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Digital Support Manager
To provide day to day management of the studio’s digital systems (IT) support services and help desk, providing effective digital support, and maintaining compliance with agreed SLA’s.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the support ticketing system and process is properly utilised, problems solved in a logical, efficient manner as well as initiating appropriate escalation where required.
To cultivate the improvement of process, tools and relationships to drive increased user satisfaction with the studios digital services.
This is a key role for the support of users in the studio, to ensure their digital equipment and support is world class therefore excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead, coach and develop the digital support team
- Ensuring that the support service the team provides meets agreed SLA’s
- Act as the primary point of escalation with service related incidents and customer complaints
- Where required, support the team with hands-on digital support, working with external 3rd part technical experts to resolve them
- Liaise with Head of Digital Systems and Digital Operations Manager about feedback from studio users for new Software/Hardware.
- Managing the studio’s print services
- Managing the studio’s audio / visual and video conference facilities
- Managing the studio’s telecommunication systems
- Managing the studio’s pool of loan IT equipment
- Ensuring desk moves are well coordinated and executed smoothly, minimising user downtime
- Organising deployment of new approved software globally
- Ensuring software upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops
- Organising and implementing internal user moves including phones
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware and software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Ensuring all documentation is kept current and up to date when changes are made
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Implementing an efficient maintenance program for all digital assets
- Manage the ticketing system and organising the team assigning responsibilities as required
Key Technical Skills
Advanced knowledge of:
Windows 7, 10
MS Office 2013, 2016, O365
NTFS permissions principles and troubleshooting
Networking principles (VLAN, DHCP, DNS, IP routing)
iOS + Android Mobile OS
IT service management (ITSM)
Microsoft Server 2008r2 / 2012
Experience with audio visual equipment and conference room AV equipment.
Large format plotters
Desirable Technical Skills
Exposure to VMware virtualisation
Experience with PCoIP remote workstations
Adobe Creative Cloud applications
VR, AR, MR and Gaming Engines (Unreal Engine)
Autodesk applications (AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max)
V-Ray and other rendering systems
Cloud storage platforms including; SharePoint, Ms OneDrive, Egnyte, Google Drive
Key Skills and Attributes – Non Technical
- Experience in leading and motivating IT support teams
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to build rapport and strong professional relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communications skills with an emphasis on follow-through and tracking.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Client facing experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software and hardware problems.
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate problem resolution management
- Must have excellent organisational and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organise projects and tasks according to priorities.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends
This role requires strong customer service skills and develop and maintain positive and professional relationship across the whole studio, as well as with external clients and stakeholders. The key relationships in this role are:
- Head of Digital Systems
- Digital Operations Manager
- Studio Environments Manager
- Thomas Heatherwick Office
Training and Continuing Professional Development
Heatherwick Studio understands the importance of training and professional development for all studio members. It is the responsibility of an individual’s line manager to ensure that any learning and development needs are identified and opportunities to address these discussed with the individual and head of human resourcefulness.
How to apply:
Please apply through the link on our job page. Please fill the job application form carefully and submit your CV. We will consider the job application form as an essential part of the application.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.