Business Development and Contracts | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Posting Date: 09/04/2018
Closing Date: 30/04/2018
Heatherwick Studio is looking for an experienced and motivated Commercial Manager to join our dynamic Business Development and Contract team.
As a core member of the team, you will be working under the direction of the contract manager and very closely with the group leaders and project teams.
You will be the key person to drive successful fee and contract negotiations for high profile international projects, including some of the most iconic designs of our time.
- Develop suitable fee proposals for new projects. Support or lead negotiations with clients and collaborating consultants to achieve mutually agreeable contract terms. This will entail agreeing appropriate design scopes, fees, drawdown schedules, risk and opportunity allowances and expenses along with suitable contract terms.
- Analyse and recommend suitable fee levels based on fee benchmarking and recognition of Heatherwick Studio's unique approach to design.
- Use legal and commercial experience to review, draft (with external legal advisors and insurers) and negotiate design contracts and legal documents in order to agree suitable protection for the Studio in its agreements with Clients and Consultants.
- Discuss commercial and contract issues internally and use judgement to recommend the correct resolution of issues.
- Monitor contract status of projects and raise relevant concerns including notifiable events.
- Prioritise and push for contract documentation to be agreed in a timely manner.
- Assist with resolution of contractual issues in order for the Studio to deliver its obligations or claims for additional services, supporting other teams and members of the Studio.
- Identify and implement process and/or efficiency improvements such as systemising the Studio's approach to contract and fee agreements.
Your skills and experience:
- Proven track experience in carrying out commercial management for an international design studio.
- Solid experience in estimating design fees risks, opportunities and expenses.
- Good knowledge of the architecture industry and its business operation.
- Experience in handling intricate negotiations involving multiple stakeholders.
- Extremely familiar with the complexity of the role. Able to think strategically, handle sensitive information and ensure confidentiality is indispensable.
- Effective project management skills to resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Able to build good relationship with all stakeholders.
- Great attention to details, extremely organized and resilient to pressure.
- Excellent MS Office/computer skills, Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign is a huge plus.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter stating your salary expectations.
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 200, we are involved in numerous extraordinary projects around the world.