HR | London, United Kingdom | Contract
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Posting Date: 25/01/2018
Closing Date: 24/02/2018
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible. Today a team of 200, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
The Business Analyst role sits within the People team to deliver and support solutions to optimise data and reporting and inform business decisions. The role has responsibility for researching, compiling, analysing, and presenting data. Your knowledge of people data and business context will enable you to provide action-oriented analyses to ensure the teams are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions. The right candidates will be detail oriented, analytical and curious with a strong desire to support the team and deliver solutions.
- Developing both standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, data solutions, and metrics.
- Develop analysis and define and analyse key success metrics, measure efficiency, and inform the best possible business decisions.
- Develop and improve data capture and reporting processes that support the people team in talent management, resourcing, business reporting and hiring through the provision of accurate data.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions.
- Manipulate and analyse complex data sets to distil insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking.
- Use analytical reasoning to identify problems and develop hypotheses, recommending a data products as required.
- Structure and perform analyses independently, and conduct research to uncover insights.
- Prioritize and work effectively in an environment with competing demands.
Skills and experience
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, or any related fields (i.e. Mathematics, Engineering), or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience.
- Preferred experience in a project driven environment (e.g. architecture or management consulting).
- Spreadsheet software experience.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with capability to process data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Experience using data or scripting language. Experience building and maintaining a solution to collect, store, and organize data to address client needs.
- Excellent communications skills. Solutions and client service-oriented, with an emphasis on creativity and diligence.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter stating why you are interested in joining our studio.