Project Enabling | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Posting Date: 13th March 2018
Closing Date: 9th April 2018
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 180, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
We are looking for an experienced BIM Manager to develop and lead a strategic vision on how the studio most effectively uses BIM processes to deliver projects. As BIM Manager, you will work across the studio projects to advise, direct and educate on how BIM can be used to best safeguard design quality.
- To set up and execute appropriate project delivery plan for all projects in the studio, and ensure the highest quality of project design delivery within scope, including information exchange structure, data set management, BEPs and drawing delivery workflows.
- To work closely with Project Managers and Business Development teams to propose and influence project delivery processes, including BIM technical delivery scope, resources, consultant skills and responsibilities, document control mechanism, to mitigate risks in BIM delivery.
- To set up and implement BIM support and training for all designers, including Revit and AutoCAD.
- To develop systems and templates to allow efficient use of BIM tools specific to each project.
- To manage project set up, BIM data sets, and workflow for all projects in the studio, especially interoperability tools with other digital platforms (e.g. Rhino, Unreal, VRay, etc.) used in projects.
- Liaise with a BIM group, consisting of BIM Coordinators and specialist designers, to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to all project teams.
- To work with the Head of Digital Design and Digital Systems in implementing appropriate tools to satisfy the overall Digital application strategy for projects.
Key Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience as Lead Architect or Lead Technician in complex international projects within collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams using BIM.
- Demonstrable experience of managing BIM data sharing in integrated teams, internally and with external consultants.
- Demonstrable experience of interfacing with developers and have an extensive industry network and links with software developers.
- Excellent level of technical competency in BIM, specifically Revit.
- Extensive experience of managing the design development, delivery and construction of complex architectural projects in Revit, within the wider context of BIM.
- Experience in the interoperation between Revit and Rhino, Grasshopper and other and cross-platform software (e.g. Dynamo).
- Clear understanding of current and future developments of BIM implementation within the UK construction industry, including knowledge of current BIM Standards (AEC, BS, NBS, BSI), and international equivalents.
- Clear understanding of scopes of service and construction procurement routes.
- Knowledge on scripting (C#, VB or Python) and developing Add-in within Revit is desirable.
- Experience of inspiring and steering teams toward a desired outcome; effective team and people leadership and management.
- Experience of delivering training and supporting the development of others.
- Engaged, inquisitive, open-minded and interested in innovative design projects.
- Empathy for great design, and exceptional technical judgement without compromising design excellence.
- Strategic and critical thinking.
- Resilient and determined.
- Active listening and clear communication.
- Calm, mature and professional.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- An effective leader with the ability to nurture others.
Please send a CV, portfolio and a covering letter with reasons why you would like to join us. Please not your attachment limit for your portfolio is 5MB so you’ll need to flatten or compress your PDF portfolio to meet this size limit. Applications without a portfolio can't be considered, if you have any trouble uploading please contact the studio.