Project Enabling | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Posting Date: 05/03/2018
Closing Date: 30/04/2018
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 180, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
We are looking for an experienced BIM Coordinator to lead the technical delivery of BIM within project teams. The role will contribute to and support the development of BIM procedures across the studio to streamline BIM delivery standards.
- BIM Coordination and daily management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up in accordance to project BEP and studio Standards.
- Technical management of project BIM data sets, including management of collaborative aspects of the BIM process. Supervision and validation of BIM modelling and documentation output.
- Provide mentoring on 'best practice' workflows and software enabling applications, including dynamo tutoring and assistance.
- Prepare and deliver project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams.
- Support the technical delivery of projects in the role of BIM coordination.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.
- Devise studio-wide initiatives to collate and spread shared knowledge in collaboration with the Projects Board and wider studio systems.
- Contribute as required to the Design Panel Reviews and technical surgeries.
- Liaise with Head of Project Enabling and Head of BIM to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
Key Skills and Experience
- Successful candidates will have previous experience in a BIM Coordinator role gained at design led practices working on challenging and complex projects.
- Experience in project BIM set-up, execution and evaluation of BEP
- Knowledge of Revit/Rhino interoperability is essential.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active attitude to champion BIM coordination
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages desirable
- Experience on visual scription environment e.g. Grasshopper & Dynamo
- BIM certification desirable
- Excellent verbal & written English language skills
Please send a CV, portfolio and a covering letter with reasons why you would like to join us. Please note your attachment limit for your portfolio is 5MB so you’ll need to flatten or compress your PDF portfolio to meet this size limit. Applications without a portfolio can't be considered, if you have any trouble uploading please contact the studio.