Project Enabling | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
The studio is looking for an experienced BIM Coordinator to join the BIM team. You will play a key role in advocating and implementing the BIM procedures across the studio.
The ideal starting date for this role is: Jan, 2020.
You will report to the BIM manager and work closely with Project Leaders and Project Managers across a number of varied projects of high complexity. You should be genuinely interested in the design process itself and share the passion of the studio to keep challenging ourselves.
Your responsibilities include:
- BIM Coordination and daily management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up in accordance to project BEP and studio Standards.
- Technical management of project BIM data sets, including management of collaborative aspects of the BIM process. Supervision and validation of BIM modelling and documentation output.
- Provide mentoring on 'best practice' workflows and software enabling applications, including dynamo tutoring and assistance.
- Prepare and deliver project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams.
- Support the technical delivery of projects in the role of BIM coordination.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.
- Devise studio-wide initiatives to collate and spread shared knowledge in collaboration with the Projects Board and wider studio systems.
- Contribute as required to the Design Panel Reviews and technical surgeries.
- Liaise with Project Leaders and Project Managers to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
Your skills and experience:
- At least 4 years professional experience in a BIM Coordinator role.
- Extremely familiar with working in a design led practices on challenging and complex projects.
- Experience in project BIM set-up, execution and evaluation of BEP.
- Knowledge of Revit/Rhino interoperability is advantageous.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active attitude to champion BIM coordination.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Rhino is essential.
- Knowledge of scripting languages desirable.
- Experience on visual scription environment such as Grasshopper and Dynamo would be a bonus.
- BIM certification desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects
- Resilient and determined.
- Active listening and clear communication.
- Enthusiastic, engaging and inquisitive.
- Calm, mature and professional.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
Please apply with your CV and portfolio. Please attach a cover letter with the reasons why you would like to join us.