Business Development and Contracts | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Posting date: 27/02/18
Closing Date: 27/03/18
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 180, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
We are looking to strengthen our dynamic Business Development team by recruiting an experienced and motivated Bid Manager.
You will be driven and have energy for a fast paced exciting environment which is never boring. Ambitious and entrepreneurial, you’ll be at the forefront of winning new business by recognising and growing new opportunities.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of hugely creative team involved in a diverse range of high profile projects.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Manage carefully tailored bid responses to exciting potential Clients presenting and describing the Studio’s approach to design & relevant projects clearly and concisely with enthusiasm and excitement.
- Manage Bids from inception to completion, applying careful qualification of opportunities to ensure Bids are of the highest quality
- Carry out targeted research of potential new markets and opportunities to align with studios growth plans
- Write bid content and formulate bid-win plans, pushing all opportunities to ‘go/no go’ resolution.
- Work closely with Group Leaders to define what the Studio’s scope will be and need for other consultants
- Prepare concise weekly updates for the New Business team.
- Management of the project descriptions and key information for bidding, working with Communications and Group Leaders to ensure content is suitable and key themes are clearly highlighted.
- Work closely with the Contract Managers keeping them updated on opportunities and fee and contracts requirements.
Key skills and experience
- Excellent experience and understanding of the Bid management process
- Demonstrable track record of success in formulating and delivering winning bids/projects
- Excellent creative writing and editing skills to create special bid responses
- Sound understanding of the scope of services for design projects
- Driven and confident to push opportunities and keep momentum
- Highly organised to keep track of opportunities, prioritise ‘hot’ opportunities and meet deadline
- Multi-disciplinary experience will be beneficial as the studio works on diverse projects across different sectors.