Projects | Hybrid in London, United Kingdom | Full Time | Applications accepted until Dec 15, 2022
We are looking for UK-based Architectural designers to join the Studio.
Heatherwick Studio is a team of over 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based out of our combined workshop and design studio in Central London, we create buildings, spaces, masterplans, objects and infrastructure. Focusing on large-scale projects in cities all over the world, we prioritise those with the greatest positive social impact.
Working as practical inventors with no signature style, our motivation is to design soulful and interesting places that embrace and celebrate the complexities of the real world. The approach driving everything is to lead from a human experience rather than any fixed design dogma.
The studio’s completed projects include a number of internationally celebrated buildings, including the award-winning Zeitz MOCAA in Cape Town, Learning Hub at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, Coal Drops Yard in London, the UK Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo 2010, and Little Island in New York.
We expect all studio members to work together with honesty and integrity, and to have genuine care for each other. The studio is a creative community and it’s important to use that everyone feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status. We encourage all people from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you want any help with your application, please let us know.
- A passion for problem-solving complex plans.
- Natural boundary pusher and ability to think outside of the normal parameters of design.
- Conscious and curious about human interaction with design.
- A genuine interest in sustainable and forward-thinking construction methods and materials.
- Willingness to share ideas and actively participate in group discussions.
- Possesses a flexible and open attitude towards new and collaborative ways of working.
- Able to use initiative and respond well to direction or instruction.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Determined and passionate about professional development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years working background within Architecture
- Completed Stage 3-5+ on a large-scale complex project.
- Façade and/or complex roof structures experience desired.
- User of Rhino, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to use at least two of the following: Revit, EnScape, VRay, Adobe After Effects, Grasshopper, or Unreal.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should include your portfolio and CV. For portfolios that exceed 10MB, please provide a link under the contacts section.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates.