Operations | Bridgeport, CT | Part Time
Hearst Media Services CT is recruiting for the below opening in accordance with the Job Posting Procedure. If you are qualified and interested, please submit a completed Job Bid Form and resume for consideration to Human Resources.
Part-Time – 25-29 hours per week – (**Open to working days and nights**)
To deliver and pick up products and production materials to and from designated delivery locations in an efficient and safe manner.
- To be able to read and understand delivery amounts, drop locations and instructions on route manifests.
- To operate assigned vehicle in a safe and legal manner.
- To be able to follow all operating procedures in driver’s manual.
- To prepare in an accurate manner all reports required as to delivery of product and operation of vehicle.
- To maintain a driving record that meets standards set by company.
- To be able to follow and read maps/GPS.
- To be knowledgeable of post office delivery and procedures.
- To be able to drive over the highway and maneuver larger delivery vehicles with G.V.W. of up to 26,000 lbs. with both standards and automatic transmissions.
- To have two motor and pallet jack handling abilities.
- To have a basic knowledge of DOT regulations.
- To perform additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
- Minimum of 1 or more years of experience operating trucks of up to 26,000 lbs. G.V.W.
- Must possess a valid CT operator’s license with a perfect driving record – a CT Driver’s license preferred.
- Delivery experience in local area.
- Flexible working schedule
- CDL A preferred
- Must meet Driver physical standards as defined under the Commercial Carrier Act.
- Able to safely lift bundles of at least 50 lbs.
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades