Accounting/Finance | Amherst, NY | Full Time
Compiles and analyzes a variety of accounting data, preparing monthly journal entries, analyzing and reconciling accounts, preparing related reports and variance analysis.
- Originates supporting documentation, prepares and enters the journal entries to the general ledger in support of the month end close process and as needed.
- Prepare summary of significant financial statement variances, including related research of monthly financial activities to support variance explanations. Preparation of other financial reporting schedules (tax, insurance, etc.) as needed.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including investigation and resolution of variances.
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e. enters monthly journal entries, and executes monthly closing entries.
- Subsidiary schedules: Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e. accounts receivable, advance pays, prepaids, accrued commissions, intercompany accounts; makes recommendations where applicable.
- Reviews daily cash activity and prepares corresponding daily journal entry.
- Prepares daily sales reporting.
- Supports intercompany accounting process.
- Assists in year end audit.
- Ensures compliance with internal accounting procedures and assists in updating and maintaining Accounting Policy Manual.
- Prepares business licenses and sales tax forms.
- Support fixed asset accounting, maintains supporting schedules, and assist with annual fixed asset inventory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a minimum of four years related experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures on manual and automated systems. Must be detailed oriented, accurate, well organized, and able to meet deadlines. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel preferred. A valid driver’s license is required.
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades