Sr. Search Strategist
Advertising | Houston, TX | Full Time
Calling all digital strategists who love the thrill of an auction. If you find a special joy in managing paid search campaigns to ensure adherence to client goals and objectives; effectively communicating strategies and trends in client communications; analyzing campaigns and proactively recommending opportunities to improve performance, meet or exceed conversion goals, and lower cost per conversion metrics based on analysis and insights, you’re our kind of strategist. We’ve got our eyes peeled for someone who loves staying up to date on competitive trends and industry best practices, is Google AdWords certified, and has two to five years of SEM experience with a strong background of planning and buying multiple campaigns simultaneously. Does that describe you?
Responsible for Account’s SEM strategies and initiatives in support of the Search program. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Day-to-day management of the search plan including oversight of bid recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting
- Develop near and long-term PPC account strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase revenue, site traffic, conversion and margins
- Keyword analysis – build keyword lists, analyze search volume and make recommendations
- Work closely with teams on proposals and optimization plans
- Campaign bid management and optimization using tracking tools determined by the client
- Google Analytics metrics analysis to gauge user engagement and campaign performance beyond the click
- Development of text creative for paid search listings
- Ongoing ad copy testing
- Analyzes new trends and makes quick decisions about how to translate new industry trends into workable solutions.
- Educate team on best practices and overall SEM knowledge
- Works with the training teams to create and maintain SEM training materials for new hires to increase overall subject expertise of the team.
- 2-5 years SEM experience with a strong background of planning and buying multiple online campaigns simultaneously.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Proficient with Search engine interfaces, tracking tools (ad serving) and procedures
- Google AdWords Certified Professional
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent client and account service record; track record of accomplishing successful results for clients.
- Experience with writing, presenting and executing effective communications, media or interactive marketing plans
- Self-motivated, comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment independently with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable in client-facing role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors in Marketing or related field