Sales | Woodlands, TX | Full Time
“We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.”
- William Randolph Hearst, 1887
At Hearst, our employees are motivated to inform, inspire and provoke while being honest, relentless, fearless and startlingly original. In order to be successful in our mission, it’s important that we maintain a culture built on continuous learning, integrity, authenticity and innovation. We believe in helping our employees tell their own stories through professional development and boundless opportunity, and in return ensure they have a deep understanding of how their contributions help tell the story of one of the most celebrated media organizations in the world.
Hearst is looking for a Sales Director who will be responsible for overall revenue growth. They will achieve by leading and managing a digital focused sales team driving ROI solutions to our retail clients. The successful candidate will work closely with the sales staff in the field to optimize audience based solutions, leading with a digital first example and to drive revenue results.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- Teaming with the field sales account executives to develop an effective account coverage strategy, daily activity plan and customer strategy.
- Coaching and developing the skills of his/her team.
- Actively managing the identification and progression of their team's sales opportunities in an assigned territory.
- Committing to and delivering results based on your monthly targets/forecasts.
- Generate and sustain a spirit of team success.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to work with teams while treating clients, both internal and external, with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance to set the stage for sales success.
- Must be reliable and sincere.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both written and oral.
- Experience managing PPC, SEM and affiliate programs.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices.
WHAT WE OFFER:
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Houston Chronicle. Our business is growing and transforming every day. Advertisers are partnering with us to help them navigate new marketing strategies in today’s increasingly complex digital environment. Simply put, the Houston Chronicle is a media company that uses its rich history and data to deliver the most impactful media campaigns for our customers. We leverage our substantial audience reach, coupled with best in class advertising solutions to keep our customer’s brand in front of the right people at the right time.
Why are we different? Our people! Our company is diverse and filled with smart, passionate people who want to win. We offer an upbeat and collaborative working environment and expect our people to challenge the norm. With an abundance of opportunity to learn new things and develop the skills that are vital to your success, we expect our people to move up through the organization fast!